Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"All is a riddle, and the key to a riddle...is another riddle."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's been a good day, especially because I'm home with my family after a nice dinner out (P.F. Chang's is pretty awesome). We've been talking a lot about apartments (my mom and I are visiting Baltimore again tomorrow). I'm increasingly realizing just how much more responsibility I'm about to take on over the next several months. And how much older I am (not just in terms of age, but maturity, experience, etc) than I was even just a year ago. This year has afforded me insights, experiences, relationships that have helped me grow in ways I can't even begin to communicate, and sometimes even comprehend.

I also realized today that April starts TOMORROW. Um, April, where the hell did you spring from? I'm not so sure I'm ready to turn a year older just yet. Though I do like dinners out and presents and stuff, so I guess it's a win-lose situation ;) haha.

I have a lot of things I keep meaning to write about, except then I always put off posting until I'm either super-occupied by other tasks or extremely tired or some combination of more moderate versions of each. I'll make a vague list this time, though, so that I remember to gradually cover all these things:
- Insights on UMD vs Brown (re: convo w/ Ian yesterday, among others)
- Euthanasia
- Siblings (older vs younger)
- Education system in India
- Sleep violence
- Health Care Reform

Random sidenote of the day: 7-11 has Iron Man 2 collectible slurpee cups! I wants one! *adds to list* Next trip to Route 1, one of those will be miiiine.

Random sidenote #2: We found out today who our commencement speaker is going to be -- Vicki Kennedy! I'm mostly excited, with a tinge of mixed feelings. She's been a high-profile figure lately, especially since Ted Kennedy passed away, because he was one of the biggest proponents of the health care reform bill and she was right there alongside him. She was also present when President Obama signed the bill into legislation last weekend. Basically, I'm hoping her speech won't be a politically charged one. But she wasn't as big in politics before she married Ted Kennedy, and is a very intelligent woman with amazing life experiences to share, so there is a lot of potential there, too.

2 comments:

Big D said...

Don't just gloss over "presents and stuff", you need to be more specific so we know what to get :P

ET said...

I do have a running "List of Plunder" that has its own tag on here, though its intention isn't actually to serve as a list of potential presents. But I guess as a last-ditch resort... =P

(But no watch. Or weight training gloves. I don't remember what else is on there...)