Sunday, April 4, 2010

"Almost all absurdity of conduct arises from the imitation of those whom we cannot resemble."

-Samuel Johnson

Yesterday was an eventful, kinda crazy day. Maybe I should start back a couple more days, though.

Thursday:
Visited Baltimore with Mama. We made it around to the leasing offices for the top three apt complexes we're/I'm considering. Mama also got to meet Dr. Foxwell, which was fun =) MAN, can that guy talk -- story after story after story, even when he technically had to leave to get back to his clinical rotations. Love it.

Finally got a new phone, which is always exciting. Means I have new technology to play with =D Meghu slept over, though she was sick and I'm hoping she didn't pass on her plague, lol.

Friday:
Ok, so it didn't take long to get to Friday after all. Class, then lunch with Mitu, which was a lot of fun. We got food from the South Campus Diner and ate it on the Mall, since it was a beautiful day. Good times catching up =)

Next up: checking out the cherry blossoms with Hailey and her friend! This is peak blossom weekend during the Cherry Blossom Festival. We took the Metro to the Smithsonian stop and walked over to the Tidal Basin, then proceeded to walk the whole way around it. When we left the station, I told Hailey, "It'd be hilarious if we ran into someone we know here." Exactly one and a half minutes later, we walked right past Jon Anderson and his gf Josie! Wth! (Though he pretended he didn't recognize me. Jerk. You ditched our team, not the other way around.) But yeah, that was amusing. We also met Hailey's friend Tim from the CS Dept, who was fun[ny]. Anyway, we got there around 2:50pm, left about 3 hours later, and it was EXHAUSTING and hot and sweaty and awesome. Got back to Courtyards around 6:30pm and man was I beat. But, no rest for the weary!

Why, you may ask? Well, I turn 22 next week, but have never been to a bar, and Katie wanted to rectify that before next Tuesday. We ended up combining it with Nestor's birthday celebration. Hung out at Pratiksha's beforehand for about an hour and a half, left for Cornerstone around 10:45pm. A bunch of Nestor's friends were there, too -- Dimas, Irving, Ben, David, Ari. Nice guys. Dimas and Ben were a lot of fun to hang out with. And of course our crew, or part of it -- the twins, Pratiksha, Nestor, John, Di, Joe Lim, Yike, TQ, Erik. I didn't drink too much, because a) I hate the idea of getting drunk; 2) if I can't walk in a straight line, that is a problem; 3) it was more about the experience than getting trashed. Basically, the best part of the night was the dancing, which was a lot of fun! I haven't danced in a loong time, and I'm by no means all that good, but good times. Of course, I felt it this morning; my legs were already exhausted from 3hrs straight of walking, then add dancing to the list and ouchh sooreee. I also slept funny on my wrist, so add on a sore wrist. Got back pretty late, around 2:30pm, and hung out at Pratiksha's for awhile longer talking, then back to Di's where we hung out for another hour just talking, then back to my room at 4:30am. So tired.

Saturday:
Woke up six hours later, still kinda tired but couldn't sleep. Missed my 2nd gym trip of the week, so maybe that's why. Or the sore legs, which woke me up. Who knows? Brunch w/ Yike, Di, TQ, Erik, and Joe around 12:30pm at The Bagel Place. It was my first time going, but it wasn't bad, except I am never again getting the BBQ chicken sandwich. Talk about a tough chicken.

We went to the MD Book Exchange afterward, and I got myself a birthday present! It's a new baseball cap =) Then to Rita's for some deliiiicious Italian Ice, yum. Came back at 3:30pm much happier. Cleaned up my room/desk, talked to my mom for an hour and a half, tried to be productive and failed. That trend has continued to now.

I have a lot of gorgeous pictures of cherry blossoms! I'm too tired to upload them right now, though, so I'll post those tomorrow. G'nite, world.

(Completely unrelated to anything: I can't listen to "Telephone" by Lady Gaga anymore. Crazy music video. *shudder*)

1 comment:

Big D said...

I love her response to all the people who say she's a man.

Check out the video for Videophone, then you'll feel weird for listening to that song lol