Saturday, February 20, 2010

I feel like a groundhog coming out of hibernation.

This is the first weekend I've stayed on campus in months. It feels strange, but also good. If only I didn't have so much work to do.

The twins' birthday was on Thursday, so a bunch of us (Sarah, RachelB, Erik, TQ, Pratiksha, Nestor, KatieB, Dinesh, and the twins) went out to dinner last night to Farmers and Fishers in DC to celebrate. When we got back, Sarah and I gave the twins the presents we got them (custom-made at Cafe Press), and they loved them. Yay! =) Job well done. Afterward, there was a party at Katie and Liz's place for their birthday, which was surprisingly fun (there's another one tonight at the boys' apartment for John's birthday which I'm not especially looking forward to, because the parties hosted there tend to be much rowdier). I realized part of my issue w/ blogging is I tend to go into a lot of unnecessary details about a lot of stuff, so I'm going to try to consciously avoid doing that [at times].

Today, I went to my first basketball of the season, toward the end of the season. It does make me a little sad -- freshman year, I went to almost all the non-winter break home games, and over the years, the number has declined. Part of it is not living in Ellicott Hall anymore, but a bigger part of it is that I almost never have someone to go to the games with, and it's not nearly as much fun going by yourself. I hung out w/ Akshay today, though, for the first half of the game against Georgia Tech, and remembered everything I missed about being in Comcast. I wish my parents had come an hour later, so I could've stayed for the crazy-explosive second half -- we literally won at the last second. Talk about a clutch shot.

Now I'm really tired, despite not having done much today. I hope I'm not coming down with something =x I'm also feeling very unproductive and frustrated right now -- more family stuff going on. But I don't feel like going into it. One of the few things that's been keeping me sane these days is talking to Hailey, Linden, TQ, AG. Thank you. =)

Back to Olympic-watching (super-G! long track! short track!) and Biochem-reading. Yay + ew = ?


----------------
Now playing: Jay Sean - Do You Remember ft. Sean Paul, Lil Jon
via FoxyTunes

No comments: