I think it's unfair of Linden the Recursive Wolf to expect me to be lucid and creative enough today, after taking one of my hardest finals ever, to be able to come up with a list of summer wishes. BUT, because I love her to pieces and am trying to stay awake, I will try my best to think of my summer wishes. Or at least one or two, for now. (Yes, your nickname makes no sense; I can't help it, my brain makes no sense right now =P).
Um. So, I'm not entirely sure what qualifies as a wish. Does this include plans / things I want to do personally? Or things I want to magically happen? Also, these wishes will not be of the well-thought-out and introspective variety, for the most part. These are the more decorative surface ones; I can't handle more than that right now =x But I will revisit it!
Summer Wishes:
1) I want to travel the states a bit this summer: visit Linden in NH, visit my aunt/uncle/baby cousins in Boston, fly out to Seattle to hang w/ Chels and Hailey for a few days while checking out the city, maybe swing up to NYC and meet up with some friends. The one definitive plan as of right now is to road-trip down to Florida with Liz, Pratiksha, the twins, Nestor, Dinesh, Erik, TQ, and Joe. I'm really looking forward to that =)
2) I want to see Kites! It's a new Indian movie either coming out soon or very recently released (I think the former). This is a completely doable wish, but potentially won't be fulfilled 'til the fall or winter. It's not worth going to see Indian movies in theaters around here -- there are all of two theaters that actually run them, one in Laurel, one in Virginia. The Laurel one is close, but kind of trashy and rundown; the Virginia one is really nice but, well, in Virginia. But it has Hrithik Roshan! And is supposedly actually very good. Plus he has an amazing dance sequence in it, from what I've heard... *grin*
3) Finally start and finish a video editing project, with a clean, crisp final product. And it's tough because I know when you start out with a hobby like this, your first couple of attempts inevitably end up lacking in some way or another. But I want my very first video to be kick-ass. It remains to be seen whether I can accomplish this. Yes, it will be a fanvid, and I already have a TV show and song picked out. I'm kind of really psyched for this =D
4) I'd like to make a somewhat noticeable dent in my reading list this summer, since it will be a considerable amount of time before I'll have that kind of time/opportunity again, once med school starts up.
5) Learn to scrapbook. I've been wanting to do this for awhile, but it's such a huge time and emotional investment. I don't think I'm actually going to tackle this over the summer, but I want it out there just as a reminder.
That's all I can think of right now, though more things definitely exist and are somewhere on the horizon. Can you see it? How about now? Go scale the rigging!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment