- Norman Maclean
(From Criminal Minds, 1x15, "Unfinished Business")
I've been slacking majorly, but here I am, back!
Week in very brief review
- Ledo's on Monday, Dr. Golden's treat. Not terrible, except that it failed to inspire John to get the ball rolling on actually getting us results and such for our Gems thesis due on the 27th. Frustration is mounting to the heights of Everest.
- I aged a year on Tuesday! ...not that I'm too excited about the aging part. Or the birthday, for that matter. The beginning was great -- phonecall from parents, surprise cake + hang-out session from friends, present from Hailey =) Actually, the middle and end were good, too. Alex treated me to coffee and a 3-year-overdue birthday serenade, yay! Then the parents came by to take me to the temple with them, and surprised me with dinner out at Woodlands! I guess I was just disappointed because... well, it's childish, but I was hoping to get wishes from a couple of family and close friends that forgot. =( But I thoroughly appreciate and love the wishes from everyone else -- thank you! You made my day =)
- Interest meeting on Wednesday for the summer Orlando road trip. I'm officially in! It sounds awesomely fun =) Went to BK afterward with Nestor, Pratiksha, and Dinesh.
- Movie night Thursday night w/ Hailey, Dinesh, and later SarahP. The former two and I ordered calzones from D.P. Dough's and watched Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas and had an all-round good time. LOVE that movie, just the right amount of childishness that I needed =D
- Lockheed Martin case competition, presentation was on Friday. We came in 3rd place out of six teams -- not too shabby, if I do say so myself. Won $25/person, which isn't much to brag about, but it was fun.
I'm back home for the weekend, since I couldn't come on Tuesday for my birthday. Love being with the family. Neeru didi and Pradeep uncle came over last night for boring work w/ my dad, but it was fun talking to them over dinner. Had an omelet for brunch, then took my sister to the library. I haven't been in SO LONG! I checked out books, too! Though more on that later, since I have to head over to a neighbor's house for dinner in a few minutes. Helped my mom clean up in the garage for awhile, too. Oddly soothing.
I traded emails with Elizabeth, John's sister, who's currently a first-year at UM's med school. We may end up living together! And she seems much more responsible and neat, etc, than John, thankfully. I'm meeting up with her probably tomorrow. Excited!
Anyway, I'm off to dinner (South Indian food + tacos, yumm / interesting combo, lol). Back later! Hope you all are having a good weekend =)
Saturday, April 10, 2010
"It is those we live with and love and should know who elude us."
Labels:
books,
family,
food,
gems:hope,
mates,
med school,
movies,
quotes,
recaps,
spring '10,
tv:criminal minds
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment