I rarely post on LJ mostly because I find it hard sometimes to sit down and dedicate time solely to writing a journal entry. But I keep thinking of things to talk/write about. Basically, I guess it's a combination of laziness and feeling I could be doing something more productive (which doesn't always happen regardless of my thoughts on the matter).
So here I am, keeping this journal entry open in an effort to encourage myself to dump thoughts here as I work. I apologize in advance -- I usually organize my thoughts into some modicum of coherency before posting, but this time's just gonna be a stream-of-interrupted-consciousness type of thing. And while I know I definitely enjoy reading that kind of thing, I know that doesn't hold true for everyone. Be prepared to be lost in my CONFUSION.
Am current working on a group project for BMGT313, my last one. This week has sucked in that regard. Well, mostly the weekend. Monday, I had four group projects and two group presentations due, and my group for one of each of those (same group, related projects) sucked, ugh. This is partially why I hate being a business major (aside from me actually disliking finance): group projects. Who ever came up with this ill-conceived idea?
Chatted w/ Minh tonight after quite awhile, which was fun =) Reminded me of HS. I miss HS sometimes. Been missing it more lately than usual, probably because it's senior year.
Learned what an Advent calendar was today. Sarah was telling me about what her church used to do for the four weeks leading up to Christmas. Sounded kinda cool. It's always fun learning about other religions' and cultures' traditions/practices. Feel free to share any cool ones of your own! =)
This project sucks. Who reads companies' annual reports?! They are BORING. I don't care about Apple's contractual obligations and purchase order stipulations w/ their suppliers and manufacturers. Do you? No, you don't. At least I actually like my group for this project. Clee and I are powering through right now; Di is kinda sick and also has a final paper due in his HA (a film class) due tomorrow, so he'll be pitching in later, probably. Don't know how much later you can get than 2:45 a.m. (with our college track record, the answer is sadly quite a number of hours). W/e, we'll probably finish it up otherwise. It's not an extraordinary amount of stuff. Just tedious. Requires looking at insanely long 104-page annual reports (ok, just the one).
Ew my computer decided to mess w/ my mind. It got overloaded and gave me a blue screen + text (not THE blue screen, thankfully -- knock on wood), so I had to restart. Clee has gone to bed. Di is back. We are trying to figure out what is left, if anything.
Di is going to finish whatever is left. I just d'loaded the Google Doc and am reformatting the Word version, b/c Google Docs sucks in some ways (though definitely helps w/ the collaborative effort bit). Ew formatting. Not my favorite thing to do. But MUCH preferred to reading company annual reports.
I HATE SCHOOL. New career plan: Evil Overlord. Who wants to join my rebel army? Current count over on GTalk: 16 people. We are a group with ninja skills! We will TOPPLE EMPIRES! Yep.
Can I reiterate? Google Docs SUCK FOR FORMATTING. See? I'm a good kid -- I qualified the suckage. Restrained my impulses.
Hm, what kind of ninja skills? We'd better kick ass w/ those cool ninja stars.
I refound the list of "The Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became an Evil Overlord"!! Wow, SO MANY high school memories. I distinctly remembering talking about many things on that list w/ Rev and Linden. We definitely had our heads on straight right from the beginning.
I need an Evil Overlord name. And I'm taking suggestions -- so who has some? The name should somehow incorporate at least one of my multitude interests in any way, shape, or form (well, not really any because it has to be a word, something more tangible than an essence, so... yea, I use that phrase in a very loose manner wherein it actually means absolutely nothing).
I shared a YouTube video with SarahP a few hours ago (SO CUTE!): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErMWX--U
Sarah: what is the video about?
me: it's a cute little asian boy trying to play "I'm Yours" on a ukulele while 'singing'
Sarah: omg he is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
me: I know!!!
Sarah: om gi want one just like him!!
me: lollllll
you know you can't buy them, sarah =P
or get them custom-made
I think there might still be laws against that -- not sure
Sarah: he's so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee though
me: I knowwww
----------------------------------------SarahP changes her GTalk status message to: "I want one just like him! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErMWX--U
I change my GTalk status message to: "Note to Sarah: I can't have cute little non-brown Asian boys who play the ukulele. Really. It's just not in my genes."
----------------------------------------
Excerpts from my Minh-convo that I think should be shared with the world [all around or [significantly] after midnight]:
me: so, you know what's a bad idea? trying to type to a beat
Minh: WTF
what is wrong with youi
do you just not have any work to do
me: no, I do!
that's why this is a problem
if I didn't, I couldn't care less, lol
=P
I have this habit sometimes of tapping my fingers along to a beat
except right now I'm typing, so my fingers are technically otherwise occupied
but really they just want to tap to the music
and are trying to do it on the keyboard
and failing
well, before I was failing because they were succeeding
now they're failing b/c I'm succeeding
Minh: omg hahah ekta
me: and I haven't even finished my coffee yet
lol
imagine what will happen then..
this conversation reminds me of HS for some reason
Minh: hahahahahahahaha
so true
we were so good at talking while procrastinating
----------------------------------------me: well, on the off-chance I get unresponsive, don't take it personally -- it means Apple's income statement is busy eating me for a late dinner
Minh: haha
i just lol-ed
and all the popel in this office laughed at me
----------------------------------------me: cool
oh! so
apparently our galaxy has cannibalized 3 smaller dwarf galaxies
you know what this means?
it means the Milky Way is BEAST
(and I mean the galaxy, definitely not the candy bar)
Minh: ....
HAHAHAHAHAHAH
yo8u are such a nerd
----------------------------------------Also, a dorky moment with TQ:
me: mhmmmmm
for your amusement:
It is sometimes said that dry grits can be used to kill ants by causing them to explode as the grits expand inside the; however, laboratory results conducted on fire ants suggest that grits are ineffective.
*them
TuQuynh: lol thats fantastic
me: I wonder, if they had worked, how scientists would have documented the differences in the magnitude of effectiveness
lol
TuQuynh: lol big or little boom?
me: hahahaha
"If the boom has a radius of..." TuQuynh: exactly!
----------------------------------------Ok, I'm through with the excerpts. I MIGHT actually be headed to bed. It's late. I know it's late when I'm awake while receiving e-mails from M-W for 'word of the day' and NYTimes for today's headlines. And I have to be up in less than four hours. And I teach at 3:30pm. *head-desk*
I shall now retreat to my inner sanctum. Namely, my bed. Good night world.
-Cap'n
End time: 4:19 a.m.
----------------
Now playing: N.E.R.D. - Rock Star
via FoxyTunes
No comments:
Post a Comment